Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take international clients?
The Elevate Institute is an international provider. The simple answer is yes. To have a hair test completed is pretty easy. I can send a hair test kit in standard mail, or email you the intake forms and instructions that detail how to prepare the hair sample. From there, use a separate envelope to isolate the hair from the intake forms, and mail it all back to me at the address provided on the forms. Hair does not spoil so it can be mailed easily. Receiving the REVEAL consultation and all the accompanying documents can also be done via web meeting. I use Zoom for international meetings. The harder part might be ordering the supplements as recommended. Many of my international clients prefer to crossover most of the supplements with a brand from Amazon or a local store, and then order those supplements that are more specific to their oxidation rate according to the hair mineral analysis from the lab in Phoenix, AZ to keep customs costs down. Many countries have a maximum dollar-declared value on packages. For example in Switzerland, there is a value cap of $150 that can pass through customs without additional customs fees to the recipient. Do your research to find out what it is in your country. I’m happy to work with you.
How can I send my hair sample?
Simply order a REVEAL Program and a hair test kit will be mailed to you. It contains the hair sampling instructions, intake forms, paper scale, hair sample envelope, and return envelope.
How long before I see my test results?
Once we receive your hair sample, it takes about two weeks to receive the results and analyze the test.
How will I interpret the hair mineral test?
You don’t have to interpret it. We do that for you. In fact, when you purchase any of our REVEAL HMA (Hair Mineral Analysis) packages, we will include the test notes, lab notes, written analysis, and recommendations.
What are toxic metals?
Examples of toxic metals are lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, aluminum, and nickel. These may be found in the body, but have no known necessary function and can contribute to chronic illness and even cause disease.
What is hair mineral testing and analysis?
Testing the hair is a painless, non-invasive tissue biopsy that can be done from anywhere and when performed properly, can reveal the current metabolism of the body through quantifying 22 different minerals and toxic metals. The lab we use is Analytical Research Laboratories in Phoenix, AZ. They are one of the only labs in the country who does not wash the hair sample. This is very important.
What is Mineral Balancing Science?
Developed by Dr. Paul Eck to work in conjunction with hair mineral testing, it is a way to balance the alkalizing minerals in the body to induce a natural, gentle, ongoing detox that’s safe for people of all ages and can help reduce stress to the point that it can assist the body in healing itself.
What’s the difference between blood and hair tests?
Blood tests are important and vital to providing medical doctors information about serious illness in the body. One should be done to rule out such things as cancer, heart disease, and liver disease before starting on a nutritional balancing program. That said, testing the hair gives you a more complete understanding how the body is processing everything you’re taking in from food to the air you breathe. It is possible to see the trends of the body including producing, processing and use of digestive enzymes, hormones, and toxic metals and chemicals. These are things the blood carries and delivers throughout the body but blood does not tell you how those things are being utilized and that’s what makes hair analysis more comprehensive.
Why is hair a good choice to test?
1. Sampling is simple and non-invasive.
2. Hair is a stable biopsy material. It requires no special handling and will remain viable for years.
3. Advancements in computer-controlled mass spectroscopy and other sciences have rendered the hair mineral biopsy an extremely cost-effective, accurate and reliable test if and when it is done correctly.
One of the most appealing advantages is that hair analysis can be performed entirely from the comfort of one’s own home, as samples may be sent via standard mail and hair doesn’t spoil.
Why test Hair?
Hair provides a unique cellular reading of the mineral levels. Cells are the major site of metabolic activity. Typical tests such as blood and urine (while often testing for the presence or absence of cells) rarely analyze the cells themselves. Blood tests are excellent but do not provide the same information given by hair analysis for the following reasons:
- Mineral levels in the hair are about ten times that of blood, making them easy to detect and measure accurately, thus providing a tremendous amount of knowledge about the cells and the soft tissues of our bodies.
- Mineral levels are kept relatively constant in the blood even when pathology is present and therefore do not always accurately reflect existing mineral deficiencies and excesses.
- Toxic metals are also much easier to detect in the hair. They are not found in high concentrations in the blood except right after acute exposure. However, some of them tend to accumulate in the soft tissues (such as hair), where they are far easier to detect and measure accurately.
- Blood tests can vary significantly from hour to hour depending on one’s diet, activity level, time of day, and many other factors.